Monday, April 15, 2013

Cracked hope and optimism

The pain was excruciating that evening after you called. In a matter of seconds, I felt I had lost everything; without even taking any risk. Trust was the target and your words hit the bull's eye; it was shattered in several pieces. Anger, sadness, anguish, restlessness, tears, and, finally, emptiness kept me company that night. I was grateful to be alone and yet, I kept calling my parents, to hear their unsuccessful attempts at comforting me. Dawn came but my eyes couldn't stop the tears, I had just experienced my heart break for the very first time. The dark shades that you bought me, was my sole camouflage in appearing normal to the outsiders.

Photo source: examiner.com
Leaving was/is an appealing option, if not for anything else than to punish you. But the thought of not seeing or touching you is unbearable. Why? How? - are the constant questions that plague my mind. But things have progressed; perhaps not entirely the way we wanted. Days have appeared to sooth the raw emotions.

Now, I want to gather those broken pieces and fix them together, with you. I am still uncertain where we stand. How do we go about mending, nee recreating the past glory, when will the cracked pieces melt into a seamless whole. But I am willing to meet you half way. Won't you? 

No comments: