Sunday, June 11, 2006

Revived hope

I am FINALLY employed. After worrying non-stop for a month, I have got a job. Funny, how your emotions play trick on you. A friend asked me whether I was happy and I told her I did not feel anything. Now, isn’t that weird. I am supposed to feel ecstatic, out of d world. But, I do not feel any such thing. I wonder why?

I told my friend, all I wanted right now, was to gain some experience and move on…move on to do the job, I think I am best cut out for – reporting. I think this is reason for why I feel neutral about this whole affair.

I am not cribbing. Just apprehensive of whether I would get an opportunity to pursue my passion for reporting. I do not know that but what I know is that I have got a start and I have to manipulate the situation to my advantage. Atleat, I have taken the first step in reaching my goal.

I have to improve myself… take one-step at a time to alleviate myself from being moderate to one of the best. I must endeavour to become somebody and not anybody and hope that better things are in store for me…

Though, I must say I am relieved and happy to get a job, to get a chance to prove myself.

8 comments:

meet deepti said...

so madam congrats once again. teri naiyan paar ho gayi hum wahin aatke hain ab tak. waqiting kab my blog readers will get a good news to read!

love and hug
deepti

R.G.M said...

don't worry, di. just give it sometime. my gosh! even i am giving d same advise, i used to receive till, last week.

Diana Sahu said...

hey gal...congrats dear.....BTW isn't di me? anyways whats the job profile, reporting or editing? mail me afst...enjoy

R.G.M said...

thanks di? di is u only when someone addresses u not otherwise. i am doing editing. howz things with u, yaar?

Zeph Keyes said...

we DOOOO?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Menon!now we both end up doing the same type of work too!too much i say!

R.G.M said...

@ mima

i agree yaar. i think this is a conspiracy, the universe always consipiring against us ;)

Deepali said...

Congrats on the job - though it's quite late.

Anyway your post made me think about how many times we feel guilty about not feeling a certain way because we believe we are expected to have certain feelings at certain points in time.