Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Jinxed

Its brutal. Hunting for work, when all your friends are getting themselves comfortable in their respective work places.

It is futile to cry and despair over my luck but when you have enough time at your disposal, where finish counting every leaf in the mango tree, you cannot help but brood over your fate.

Family, relatives, friends keep telling me to hang on, not to loose hope, that perhaps a better job is in store for me. But I think its an optimistic approach. What if there is no job in store for me? Of course that’s silly of me think in those lines and is practically impossible. But, what if I have to leave the profession I dearly love and for which I had to fight with my family because I could not find the any vacancy? Now, that can happen.

You always think of being successful in the path you have chosen as your career. And when you see that the industry is not even giving you a chance to showcase your talent, to let you inside, it breaks your heart.

The next symptom that quickly follows is self-doubt. You start doubting your own abilities. You start wondering whether you are really cut out for this profession…maybe you made a mistake by taking it. Maybe you did not have an aptitude for it. Your head begins to whirl with these thought till you think your head would burst out any moment, as it cannot take the load anymore.

Somebody once told me – A man without hope is as good as dead. I do not want to lose my enthusiasm for life but I do not find any reason to go on with it either. I am losing hope.

Maybe I am exaggerating the situation. Maybe I am not. Maybe…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like this was written when u were feeling really hopeless! cheer up...things could be worse...what if u ended up as a sub editor in ET who is as jobless as me to be checking out blogs while at work[:)]

R.G.M said...

well atleast some job is better than no job mima. even if ur jobless, it will only b for an interim period.

meet deepti said...

hi. even i am going through the same situation. it feels horrible. i feel like a complete loser. but what to do. i know it's horrible to see everybody around you do well in life. i completely identify with what you are saying. But all we can do now is not lose hope.

Kurups said...

Been there, done that.. is all i can say. Well what else can u say when u r on the wrong side of 30, greying and balding - not much I guess. However, there is hope!!! Surprised??

As some1 mentioned, looks like u wrote this when u ver feeling low.. Writing is a good release (better than bottled elixir or smouldering cancer strips). But hang in there kid, there is always a brighter day.

As they say, there is a light at the end of the tunnel (so what if it is the headlight of a oncoming train)... there is still light!!!

R.G.M said...

@ deepti

thanks yaar...am relieved now.

@ kurups

there is good news...y'day i came to know dat i got a job. well its on probation but still... thanks a lot for dat motivational piece. appreciate it :)

Zeph Keyes said...

now im curious.. who is this? MG

Anonymous said...

Gettin a job doesn't guarantee anything otherthan some money you can float.Unless you get to the proper place and do exactly what you want,it's waste of time & human hour.may be something great is awaiting you

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »